*** This project is currently open and accepting new registrations. It will be running throughout this winter, including during local or national ‘Lockdowns’ or social distancing restrictions ***
We know that life can be tough for all sorts of different reasons- not being able to find a job, redundancy, bereavement, struggling with stress anxiety or low mood, managing long term health conditions and big life events like retirement. Or maybe the unique challenges over the last few months have left you feeling more stressed and anxious or less confident than normal and this is getting in the way of you moving forward again.
LaunchPad Volunteering Project offers
- A mixture of bespoke 1:1 support and interactive small group online workshops.
- Workshops are designed to support you think through issues that help you find the right volunteering role for you. You will also have the chance to develop some tools to help you with volunteering challenges, such as managing first day nerves, growing your confidence and navigating the volunteering application process.
- At the end of the workshops, support is available to help you find and apply for the right role for you. Support continues until you feel settled and confident in your volunteering.
- Due to unprecedented measures in place to tackle the spread of Covid-19, you may find that there is not a ‘perfect fit’ role right now. Don’t worry- there is no pressure to start volunteering until you feel ready! We will stay in touch regularly with everyone who has completed the workshops and there will be an opportunity to receive support as and when an appropriate role becomes available in the future.
- Not everyone will feel now is the right time to get started in ‘contact’ volunteering as part of a group indoors due to personal circumstances or health concerns. There may be a choice of remote or ‘low contact’ roles that suit you better if this is the case.
- Alongside the above, you will have an opportunity to participate in a digital project community to share ideas and resources and get support.
The benefits- Why join LaunchPad?
- Lots of extra support– to get involved, to use new technology, to find the right placement and ongoing into the role.
- Interaction– an opportunity to meet new people, be ‘part of something’ and to share and learn with others in a safe and supportive way.
- Routine– a gentle opportunity to rebuild saying ‘yes’ and turning up regularly to something at the right time!
- Digital skills– growing confidence to participate ‘online’ in meetings and activities with others with lots of help along the way.
- Time! Everybody is on their own unique journey. Some people feel ready to get stuck in straight away. Others people feel very nervous as this is all new or they are out of practice. Here is a safe space to explore your options and find the right way forward at a pace that works for you.
What does the LaunchPad Journey look like?
Search for opportunities